Accents Home Furnishings & Décor, Inc.
84 Harlow St. Suite 1
Bangor, Maine 04401
Accents Home Furnishings & Décor, Inc opened March 1st of 2018 in downtown Bangor, Maine. Our brick and mortar store has a unique layout designed to inspire and show how our products can be used in your home. At Accents we frequently change our displays and over all appearance to show the versatility of our products and styles. New inventory is received weekly and products are retired to keep the store fresh. So make sure that you don't wait too long before purchasing that item you have your eye on!
Accents is more than a furniture store, we work with local artisans and craftsmen to offer products made in Maine and New England. Our products range from accent furniture, home décor, personal items and unique gifts for all occasions.
Services at Accents:
- Local Wedding Registry for local couples who are looking for unique, quality, items to individualize their living spaces. This is not your typical wedding registry with toasters and picture frames. Stop in and to see how Accents can help design your new lives together. View a sample registry at Wedding Registry learn more about Accents Wedding Registry here.
- Home Staging for vacant properties in the greater Bangor area. Accents has access to current décor trends and quality furnishings to accent your properties selling features. Why stage? Staging helps buyers visualize the property as a future home. Staged homes sell faster and for increased dollar values over non-staged homes. Call us for more information and check out our Blog.
- Custom Gift Boxes whether you are a business or individual - let us help design personalized gift box(es) for your event or as a simple Thank-you gift to those who go above and beyond. At Accents we can do 1 or hundreds, you set the budget and let us do the rest. Call us for more information and examples Contact Us.
- On Site Events - Sunday Fun Days (January throw April) and Accents After-hours Wednesdays (May to December) where you can come with family and friends to create, learn and socialize with light refreshments and leave with your own masterpiece. It could be a Paint & Sip, Pebble Art Class, Plant & Sip, Floral Arrangement and more. Watch our Facebook page or check out our Events.
- Stoneware Club - take advantage of Accents' stoneware club to upgrade to our Portugal stoneware dinnerware and serving dishes with a monthly payment plan. Learn more about our Stoneware club today.
Meet the Owner
Hi my name is Alicia Tozier and I grew up in the Bangor area. I attended Brewer High School, Eastern Maine Community College and University of Maine. I’m happily married with two boys and three 4 legged babies (a chocolate lab and two rescues). My first 20 years in the workforce I was in the Healthcare industry working in clinical settings then later management and finance. Although I enjoyed my career in Healthcare, I had always had a dream of opening my own store in Downtown Bangor. For those who share the same dream, this did not happen overnight. I went back to college with a 4 year old and newborn to complete my business degree, while working full-time. Once my children were old enough and I had time to dedicate to a new business that is when Accents was born. Although it took 12 years to get here, I would not change the path I have taken as it has taught me many skills and lessons that I use everyday.
These first years have flown by and I feel fortunate to be able to do what I love and to have the support of the community. The community of the downtown Bangor businesses has been a pleasant surprise and I'm happy to be a part of this hardworking, group of people willing to help each other. To those who come in to the store to visit on a regular basis, thank-you for your continued support. I appreciate and at times am completely overwhelmed by the support we have received for Accents Home Furnishings & Décor and we pray that we will be here to serve you for the many years to come.